Wednesday, January 04, 2006

pretty much sums it up....

I was looking through my digital heap of photos the other day and remembered that I meant to post this one while in Kalimpong. This was taken above a lake in West Sikkim in perhaps the most rural setting I've ever set foot. We were chatting over tea with this monk who lived up there while two neighborhood girls played and a dog was falling asleep.

I think this pic encapsulates living in the Himalayas as well as any photo I have (at least away from the cities) and, yeah....I miss it.

To anyone who still may be reading this, I'm taking suggestions for possible new "hobby" ideas to help cope with the monotony of trying to get back into America mode.

Does anyone still read this?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still read this too! I agree, your pictures have all been so great, I am very impressed. I think one of your new hobbies should include hanging out with your long lost friend maritza who misses you dearly and is just a few miles down the road....

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi matt
one word: netflicks.
welcome back!

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm...my vote on favorite/necessary hobby is for going to shows. nothing like a little live music to transport you places all the while grounding you down tight. it's pretty david blaine like that. anyways, it works for me (although my bank account would differ) and cuts my winter doldrums by half. half, man, half!

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't read it, in fact I am not reading it right now...

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home