Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Makin' moves...



Just like that, we're gone...
Seems like only yesterday we rolled into town, but as it tends to do, time marched on rather quickly. Today we said our tearful goodbyes to our lovely students who we both will miss terribly. They prepared a pretty formal farewell for us with all of their parents. There was a raffle, and of course, I won an electric rice cooker which is obviously too big for me to carry around with me for 2 and half weeks. I guess I'll give it to the fam. Too bad. I like electric rice.

We have to part ways with our family on Thursday, which neither of us are looking forward to. If you've read the blog, you know darn well how great they all are. Needless to say, they'll be missed and never forgotten.

Now to Calcutta, which I've heard some good things about from other travelers we've come across. We're meeting Jenna's friend, Hannah, there which we're both excited about because she's awesome. The three of us will do the southern tour thing together.
I'm sure that we'll have internet access in Calcutta so I'll post about how insane it is and whether or not a human rickshaw puller can pull us "husky" Americans.
Ciao.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time seeing the south and a safe trip home! See you around Xmass...Jenna stay safe and healthy and have a great holiday!

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww how cute jenna is (and the kids too) and matt you too and all but jenna looks so tiny and white! i wish she were coming back too but lucky you to see hannah and takin care of jennc and she of you. we cant wait for the letters. my kids already talk about their "pen pals in india" who theyve never written to or heard from, but love anyway. happy tripping you two.

9:04 PM  
Blogger drwelts said...

don't sweat it Matt, we'll make you plenty of electric rice when you return...see you then

Dana,Val, Evan & Faye

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be so sad leaving your family there. I am so glad both of you had such a great time while there, it is for sure something you will take with your forever! Have fun in your travels and be sure to be safe. See when you get home in a few weeks. Miss you!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

saltzberg-
I'm glad someone picked up on the Evansian grandeur of that

I think you win comment of the year. congrats.

Now go to your kitchen with your spaghetti and make me my movie....

10:30 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

Electric rice will be a nice welcome. I'll hold you to that. Erica, I'll definately see you at some point to chat. Maritza, it is way too much for you to comprehend.
Saltzberg, I'll see you in your basement until very early in the AM.
Courtney, Jenna is tiny and white.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sadness to know very good height is coming to its close. will it be continued? will it ever be continued???

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home