Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Brookland/Oaklyn


I had no idea who Tarsier was prior to her collabo with Alias, and had only read about their joint project on the Anticon website. What began as a long distance exchange of ideas (Alias is in Oakland, Tarsier in Brooklyn) morphed into the exchange of concrete vocal and instrumental tracks. The result is a rather beautiful, Bjork-eque soundscape, heavy on synth layers and sporadic live instrumentaion. Speaking of the Icelandic princess, I'd go out on a limb and say that if you are a fan of Mrs. Matthew Barney, you'd probably dig Tarsier's voice. Her style and timbre is strikingly similar. As with most Anticon releases, it's chock full of guests.
Snag yourself one here.

Alias and Tarsier - Cub
Alias and Tarsier - Rising Sun
Alias and Tarsier - Plane That Draws a White Line

Liars at the Paradise on Friday night. I'll be the one with the ear to ear grin on his face for the duration of the evening. Give me a pound.

1 Comments:

Blogger Delete said...

Do you know where I can find lyrics to Alias & Tarsier's Dr. C? I love the song, but can't find the lyrics anywhere.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home