Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Instrumental Wednesdays

Listening to this song on a train leaving New Delhi, on a several mile long stretch of shanty towns, served as one of the more powerful moments of my life thusfar. The sights and sounds of 20 or so minutes of my train ride touched me like nothing else. The sensory/emotional overload was viscerally overwhelming and certainly something I'll never forget. Ever. Any of you ever share something similar? This song is as beautiful as it is terrifying. Much like life, sometimes.
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - (untitled 1) (From Slow Riot for New Zero Kanada EP)
Another Bad Plus interpretation of one of my favorite songs. It's still amazing to me what a piano trio is able to churn out. See them live, if ever the chance.
The Bad Plus - Flim (Aphex Twin Cover)

Out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird - The Slow Riot EP has been my falling to sleep soundtrack for the past few weeks, actually...

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home