Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Year end stuff...

I don't have a list, or even that many albums that spring to mind right off the bat when thinking of "Best of 06". I won't bore you with a list (because I'd probably need to edit it everyday), as you could get one almost everywhere else. What I'ma do is think of one album on my way to work (released this year), play it front to back, get laughed at while standing at red lights head boppin', then post some songs from it as if it were one of my favorites of the year. So you'll just have to come back tomorrow and the day after and so forth...

OXFORD COLLAPSE! Humorous power pop with catchy hooks, but also somewhat complex instrumental interludes, this SubPop band's "Remember the Night Parties" is still as fun today as it was the first time I heard it a few months ago. Read the Pfork review for a more nuanced view, and a string of run-on sentences. Yes, I think it warrants a "Best of 06" tag. But do you?

Please Visit Your National Parks.mp3
Return of Burno.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home