Monday, May 15, 2006

mogwai knock socks

They proved to be as loud, beautiful, frenzied, and Scottish as I had always imagined them to be. Despite the 6 day rain binge Mother Nature has wielded upon us, and the Sunday night showtime, they mixed equal parts new and old material and put together an amazing 2 hour set.

They have a unique way of completely frying your synapses with hyper-speed interludes, but then nurturing them back to normal with serenely gorgeous pieces. Interesting fact: much like everyone in the Sun Ra Arkestra is a percussionist, everyone besides the drummer plays guitar (or bass) in Mogwai. My ears are still ringing, but I, for one, am a happy young man today.
Some of what transpired last evening at the Avalon:
Friend of the Night
I Know You Are But What Am I?
Tracy
Glasgow Mega Snake

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

MOGWAI is cool.
I think "Tracy" to be a wonderful truck in that.

モグワイ最高!
Tracyはいい曲ですよねー。

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home