Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Instrumental Wednesdays

Marching onwards with the Radiohead fever, here's Brad Mehldau doing his haunting version of Exit Music. Actually seeing this cat perform this song live (5 years ago) will probably always rank high amongst my favorite live music moments. Prodigious pianists (??) covering songs you love is fun stuff. Next week I'll throw up the Bad Plus rendition of "Velouria" by the Pixies.
Brad Mehldau - Exit Music (For a Film)
Boom Bip is at the forefront of the instrumental hiphop movement (to me at least). His collabo with Dose One, "circle" is pretty intense stuff. Feast your ears...
Boom Bip - Eyelashings
I'm bailing on my mom to FINALLY get to see my Scottish brethren Mogwai. This is the first time in 4 years of digging them hardcore that I'll have the opportunity to see them live and direct. There will indeed be a Mother's Day next year, but will there be another Mogwai Mother's Day? Not so sure...
Mogwai - Burn Girl Prom Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home