Sunday, October 30, 2005

Snip Snip...

In preparation for Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights which is akin to their "high holidays", I decided to get my mop of a head trimmed. I'm starting to look like a hobo with the 3 changes of clothes that i brought with me, so a nice new shirt and a haircut did me well. It turns out an "Indian Haircut" is not all that different from a "Chinese Massage", albeit with a much less happy ending. After getting a straight edge shave on my neck, the barber proceeded to closed-fist punch me on the head for about a minute and a half. My guess is that it is considered a pleasant massage type motion, but it hurt like hell. Also, I didn't see any of the other Indian guys getting their hair cut get pounded in the dome after their trims. Maybe it was in retaliation for those stupid Ice Cube movies about barbershops. Anyhooo, Happy Halloween.

I'll let everyone know how Diwali goes. Should be interesting. Last Hindu festival found us getting milk curd and rice plastered on our heads for about 8 hours. This sounds like it should be fun though. Singing and dancing and the like...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, your blog looks naked without an ample amount of contentious replies (how else could you call yourself a blogger).For the sake of propriety I will refrain from any incendiary comments, however, I implore everyone to write back and keep Matt happy.

Nonetheless, I know you wanted to keep up with some baseball news, so I find it fitting to inform you that Epstein has left the building. Like most Boston exists, this one has been racked by controversy. The Boston news media spearheaded by Dan Shaunessey is even being blamed for the departure of our dearly beloved. In addition, Luccino has been blamed as the instigator of the burgeoning feud between himself and Epstein, however both Epstein and John Henry have denied this rumor, albeit, it is most likely true. Epstein blames a myriad of factors for his departure from Boston, never pinning down one in specific. He leaves us guessing as to his real intentions for leaving and therefore many rumors have cropped up trying to fill the void. Nevertheless, he is gone. It matters not why he left, but who will fill those shoes. Fear not for I have faith, no matter what Epstein did, it is almost certain that Luccino and Henry have pulled most of the strings behind the Redsox, leaving Epstein to bask in the glory. Though I do believe he was great GM and will be hard to replace. Until further announcements I am left to wonder at WHO will be our Shepard. - Red Sox Fan (Phil Wess)

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, just catching up on all the activities from your past month, and I see that someone has already broken the unfortunate news. It has been a very sad week for "The Nation" with Theo's departure. We'll never know what really happened, but word is it was a trust issue between the boy wonder and his mentor. He is going to stick around until the baseball meetings next week sometime. Just long enough to finalize the deal with Manny to L.A.!!! Can you believe it? He has requested a trade and they are serious about dealing him to the west coast so he won't be recognized when he hits the local mall! Hope you're well. Love the photos.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home